Monday, February 15, 2010

Humbled

WARNING: The following blog comes with a lot of openness and transparency. Hope you are prepared to hear it.

I blew Valentine's Day. Bad. It wasn't just an off day or a bad day. As far as Valentines goes, it was just short of the Valentine's Day massacre. I won't go into all of the details (my wife and kids deserve their privacy). I'll just say this...I was graphically reminded why I need God's grace so desperately.

This "work in progress" still has so much ground to cover. Probably more than I recognize or care to admit. But after my frustrating day and a restless night, I really needed God to love me in a very demonstrative way this morning. I wasn't feeling very lovely as the day began. So, as Lisa and I began our morning with our quiet time, this is what we read,

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV

God is great but sometimes life just isn't very good. Those are the times that we need his greatness the most. I just had to say that this morning. I know there are those of you out there who live life under the overwhelming weight of guilt or sin or depression. Lean heavily on Christ and His grace. It is more than enough to sustain you. May you feel the strong and powerful arms of Christ embracing you this day. For He is more than enough for your need...

No comments: