Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Our two "forgotten" kids

Lisa and I recently discovered that we have two kids that neither of us knew much about. Of course, when we got married she had her two daughters and I had my son and daughter. But lately, there has been an increasing visit from the "other two." There names are "Nobody" and "I Don't Know."

Every time a question is asked, it seems that the answer points back to these two children.

"Who spilled water on the floor?"
"Nobody"

"Who forgot to empty the dishwasher?"
"I don't know"

"Who took out the trash and when?"
"Nobody and I Don't Know."

Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little but it sure seems like these two have moved in to stay. They are responsible for everything that goes on in our house--everything negative that is. It seems neither ever get credit for making the bed, turning off the lights or cleaning the dinner table.

Is it wrong to offer them up for adoption? The other four I'm completely in love with, but those other two are kind of jumping up and down on my last nerve. Frankly, I'm tired of paying for their room and board.

Please be in prayer for the Barrons the next three days. We found a few days where all 6 of us are free and there are no interruptions so we're getting away for a little while as a family before Morgan heads off to school. I'd appreciate your prayers for safety, a little down time and a lot of relaxation. We'll see you Sunday morning at Ridgeview.

No comments: