- Speak boldly to others about your faith this year. God's promise (Isaiah 55:11) is that His word will not return empty but will accomplish exactly what He desires in His time.
- Stand firmly against the trials that will come into your life this year. If you stand in God's power, He has promised that nothing can overcome you (Isaiah 54:17 and 1 John 4:4)
- God is still at work in your life no matter where you are or what you are up against. If you are trusting in Him and following after Him, He has promised to bring your life to perfection (Philippians 1:6). That's right...perfection!
- Trust God with your plans...big and small. Know that He rewards those who seek after Him. (Hebrews 11:6)
- God has a plan for your life (Jeremiah 29:11). He always has. But you have to believe that His plan is better and bigger than the ones you have for yourself (Ephesians 3:20).
- Let God's word guide you as you dream about the future. His Word will never steer you into wasted agendas or pointless daydreaming (Psalm 119:1-8...actually the whole chapter).
Monday, January 03, 2011
Welcome to 2011! If you are like most Americans, you've been thinking a great deal about this new year over the last several days. Whether you call them goals or resolutions or just reflections, there is something to be said for taking the time to look ahead and think about what the new year may hold for you. For me--and maybe for you--the great challenge is diminishing the gap between my goals for 2011 and God's plans for me. A lot of times, I feel like I'm right on target with what God has for me when He will says, "Surprise! Guess what? I've got more in store for you than you thought?" Isn't it funny how much we underestimate God's desires for us and His ability to pull them off? So, I thought I'd share a few of God's promises for you based on what Scripture says. Maybe it will help you to raise the bar in your planning and dreaming for 2011: