Monday, September 21, 2009

It's true...pastors don't fly nor do they bounce very well.

It's true...pastors don't fly nor do they bounce very well. I can attest to both. After missing a step and taking a spill off of a ten foot ladder this weekend, there is no doubt in my mind that it's probably a good idea for me to stay as close to the ground as possible. I even had offers to be wrapped in bubble-wrap yesterday.

I really do appreciate all the prayers over the weekend. You're kind words of encouragement, the phone calls, texts and emails were all very welcome.

I am up and about today. Not quite as much pain and the swelling is going down in the eye. So, the rumors of my demise are grossly exaggerated :) GRIN

Busy week ahead for our Ridgeview family and the Barron family. I would ask for your prayers as we are narrowing down our choice to serve as our Next Generation Pastor here at Ridgeview. We hope to be wrapping up this search in the next few weeks. Pastor Eddie will be bringing message number two in our "Discovering God's Will" series. I am excited to hear the words that God has put on his heart for the weekend. I will have to do that via podcast as Lisa and I will be leaving Friday and gone for the weekend. She and I will be leading a marriage retreat for a friend over in North Carolina (just outside of Charlotte) and I will be staying to lead this church in a time of revival meetings through next Wednesday.

As always, we will miss being with our Ridgeview family. Lisa and I will, of course, be praying for each of you as you join together in worship. Thank you, again, for your prayers for my physical health as we prepare for the weekend and next week at Albermarle, NC. Love you guys.

No comments: