Monday, October 19, 2009

It's good to be home for a while.

It's good to be home for a little while. The first half of this month has been very busy with trips to North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Washington. I just want to say how thankful I am that God continues to use our family to speak truth and bring peace to families that have been through personal tragedy. But it's not always those who have been through a personal trial. Just last week, while Lisa and I were in Seattle, I talked with a man after I finished speaking. He shared about his family and his two kids. With tears in his eyes he said, "I've never had to go through what you and your family did. I just wanted to say what you shared this afternoon has challenged me to be a better father and husband. I want to go home and love on them a little bit better than I did before." Amen, brother. Amen.

Seattle was gorgeous. It was my first time in the western part of Washington. For my part, it was a great reminder of what an amazing God we have. The gorgeous evergreens mixed with the kaleidoscope of changing autumn colors. The huge waterfall just outside our room at the Salish Lodge there in Snoqualmie was breathtaking. But more than that, the myriad of beautiful people that God puts in our path as we walk through this life. Lisa and I made tons of new friends in Albermarle earlier this month. I had a great visit with the people of Uniontown (my visit was too brief with them but I sure enjoyed the limited time we had). Then, again, this past weekend, sharing time and worship (yes, worship) with the people of Adventist Health Systems. I love the life God has given me--every trip, every relationship, every joy and every challenge.

I'm looking forward to some "home time" with Lisa and the kids as we race rapidly towards the holidays. Can you believe it's the end of October already? By the way, thanks for the wonderful response from those of you who have read my sister's book Dancing Through Grief. I'm excited to see how God is going to use the book as part of our ministry to families who are dealing with personal tragedy.

No comments: