Monday, November 23, 2009

We will begin our Thanksgiving travels in less than 24 hours.

We will begin our Thanksgiving travels in less than 24 hours. That means several things. First, it's time for me to start packing. I've waited just long enough for Lisa to start worrying that I won't get it done. Seriously, how long does it take to pack underwear and socks? Second, there probably won't be any new posts for the next week. Sorry, I know how much you look forward to the words of wit and wisdom that spill from this page. Thirdly, there are just a few, very short hours to lose more weight so I can eat more turkey--a feat I am sure will not be accomplished. But neither will it keep me from eating the "sacred bird." So, in honor of the last blog before the holiday, I thought I'd share a few random thoughts that have very little meaning but might make you smile really big before you face ALL of the family later this week:
  • According to a recent study, five out of four people have trouble with fractions.
  • If practice makes perfect and nobody is perfect, then why practice?
  • If it's true that we are put here to help others, then what are all the others here for?
  • How come no one ever says "it's only a game" when there team is winning?
  • If ladies can have PMS then why can't men have ESPN?
  • When blondes have more fun...do they know it?
  • What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
  • Why is it called a soap opera when nobody on the show sings?
  • Does a lightning rod on top of a church show a lack of faith or a sign of how bad things are on the inside?
  • How can a coffin have a lifetime guarantee? Isn't the "lifetime"already over?
  • Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these little dangly things at the bottom and drink what comes out?"
  • Isn't it true that the word "politics" comes from the Latin word "poli" which means "many" and "tics" which means "blood-sucking pests?"
  • Isn't Disney World just a people trap that's been set by a giant mouse? (that one is for my kids as we head to Disney later this week).

On a more serious note and in keeping with our upcoming holiday, here's a great thought for the day we set aside to "give thanks."

Thanksgiving Day comes by statute, once a year but to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow. Edward Sanford Martin

I pray that you and your family enjoy your time of Thanksgiving together. I also pray that we develop hearts of gratitude that allow us to live lives of thanks in every day. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: