Thursday, August 17, 2006

August 17, 2006

Tragedy comes into every life. That's part of living in a world where sin has been allowed to exist. Tragedy does a lot of different things to different people. For one, it may be the reason to trust in God more. For another, it is the sole reason for them to deny God's existence. As it has been said, "The same sun that melts wax also hardens clay." The difference is not in the level of the tragedy or the source of the tragedy. The difference is found in the substance of the person who is touched by the tragedy. What I mean is this...how you and I are changed by the events of our life have far more to do with who we were before the tragedy ever occured than it has to do with the tragedy itself. The make up of our spirit, the confidence of our heart, the strength of our faith and where it is placed will all determine if we are melted or hardened, built up or destroyed. I am very thankful for my background, my family and my faith for all three constructed in me the things I could not give to myself. Because of that, the severe tragedy that struck my family shook us, to be sure, but did not destroy. And all of that, to me, proves there is a God who is not shaken by our catastrophes or blown away be world events. I cannot explain all that He does or does not do, I can only know what I have experienced--the steadfast nature of His hand and the wisdom of all He does.

No comments: