Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Welcome to a new year. You know, the hardest part about the new year is those first few weeks where you have to force yourself to write 2008 instead of 2007. If you are like most, you've probably given some thought to the year ahead as you looked back over the last 12 months. It's a cool time of reflection as well as goal-setting.

In the midst of all that, I've found myself completely fired up about this coming year, especially as it relates to my church family. God was so good to us this past year. We've established some new relationships in the community, attracted some wonderful families and new faces to our fellowship and positioned ourself for God's plan in 2008. This past year was a time of digging deeper into our vision, firmly planting our roots and "trimming" the structure of our organization so that we are ready to run.

And, man, am I ready!!. I'm looking forward to all that God has for each of us in the months ahead. I look forward to hearing your stories as well. Tomorrow, we'll get back to more substance. Today, I'm just trying to get caught up from the holidays. Can't let you go without saying two more things...

How about my Georgia Bulldogs??!!!

Thanks for reading the blog and being faithful to do that. I'm praying that God leads us into some new stuff this year as He rearranges my brain every morning.

2 comments:

Janet said...

I waited all day for the game last night! I loved the poem some of the Georgia members read during the pre-game: "can't spell 'sugar' without the UGA!"

I have enjoyed reading your blog for several months, since the Homelife article. I have been going through a rough season for several months, with an ex-husband (who deserted his family for another woman) who first said he was too destitute to pay child support, and had now sued me for custody of our son (a teenager, and raised almost entirely by me). I have received encouragement from many Christian brothers and sisters, some of whom (like you) did not know they were providing encouragement. I hope I can provide encouragement to others, too. Thank you.

A fellow Bulldog fan in the Midwest (southern Illinois)

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

Happy New Year to you and your family Ridley!!