Thursday, March 12, 2009

I love break through moments.

I love breakthrough moments. You know what I'm talking about. Those times when someone (whether it's me or not makes no difference) catches a glimpse of God's purpose for them and the proverbial "light bulb" goes on.

I got to start my day here at the office with one of them. One of our leaders/friends/members dropped by the office to see me this morning. She wanted to share a few thoughts with me about some things that God is showing her.

It's at that point when their face lights up and their eyes glow with recognition that I say to myself, "She's getting it."

It is one of those points where we slow down life long enough to watch as God pulls back the curtain on His plan to give us a glimpse of what He has next. You might call it an "a-ha" moment. Whatever it is, it's sweet to watch someone catch that little glimpse.

I believe God has those for us more frequently than we realize. The key is slowing down long enough to see it and being awake enough to catch it. When it happens, it is a perfect example of life being lived in the sweet spot, a life lived on purpose. There are a lot of those happening these days around our church. My friend this morning is not the only one searching for and finding that "sweet spot." But if you aren't one of those...yet, I encourage you, slow down and seek. God is ready to show you His plan. He is simply waiting for you to seek it.

'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.' Jeremiah 33:3 NIV

No comments: