Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Here's a birthday thought.

Here's a birthday thought. I've heard it said that one measure of success is not whether you have tough problems to deal with, everyone has those in their life, but whether you are still dealing with the same problems as last year. It's a benchmark to determine if your life is a journey with potholes along the way or more like a rut that you can't seem to get yourself out of.

Mine is a journey. A tough one sometimes, but a journey nonetheless. And while some of the tough problems have seemed surmountable, God has always been faithful to help me overcome or work my way through.

As one author put it, it's not that we overestimate the storms of life. They are scary and dangerous. It's that we underestimate the strength of God. I don't want to live the next 42 years believing in a "wimpy" God. I pray I never underestimate Him or His ability to deliver me to the next part of my journey.

Thanks for the many birthday wishes today. My friends are a huge part of why I consider myself to be such a blessed man.

No comments: