Thursday, August 06, 2009

I'm watching the sun come up on the Magic Kingdom.

I'm watching the sun come up on the Magic Kingdom. It's early here in Orlando. I'll be speaking at a meeting of Florida Risk Management Professionals in a few hours. I've just spent one of the worst nights in a luxury hotel ever. I don't know why they gave me this room. Maybe I looked like a sucker. Between the lobby downstairs that has an open bar and the constant flow of traffic off the elevators at ALL HOURS OF THE NIGHT, I could have had a quieter night if they had set my bed out by Buena Vista Avenue.

I'd appreciate your prayers as I kick off a busy Fall of speaking. I go from Florida to Georgia to Pennsylvania to North Carolina to Washington and back to Florida. Good frequent flyer miles but hard on the body. Seriously, I'm excited that God continues to give me these chances to share Josh's story. So I'm asking that you pray for my safety. Pray for my family as I complete these travels. But pray that God continues to provide a way to share Josh's story, to challenge our health care industry and to bring a message of grace and forgiveness to those I have the opportunity to share with. Wherever I go and whatever I do, I want people to hear His story coming out.

2 comments:

Jessica Driskill said...

I am a nurse in Lynchburg, Va and we did a seminar called Safety First and we used your story to show the entire hosp staff. Your story left a huge impression with me as I sure it has with everyone's life that you have touched. It is a heartbreaking story yet a story of true faith. It's one I will never forget. You are what faith is all about. I hope one day to hear you speak in person...

Anonymous said...

I am a CNA/HUC, just recently graduated from LPN school and am getting ready to take my boards. I also work in a hospital in Lynchburg, VA and agree 100% with Jessica. She took the words right out my mouth. Your story was very touching. I know it touched all the people i work with and left a huge impact on all of us. I too, would love to hear you speak in person one day....