Monday, January 11, 2010

Five years

Unbelievable but it's been that long since we launched Ridgeview Church. What a ride it has been...exhausting, tiring, frustrating, discouraging, rewarding, amazing, beautiful, indescribable at times. I wouldn't take anything in the world for it.

Yesterday, we celebrated another year of stories, victories and accomplishments through God's grace and power. But it was a celebration of what God has enabled us to do these last five years as an RCC family. I am thankful for your giving, serving, going, loving, preparing, worshiping, growing and seeking. This year, I'm praying that God gives us more of the same only on a greater scale. I pray He gives us more energy to go and a bigger heart to serve Him. By the end of year six, I want us to know Him better, love Him more and reflect Him more purely. I promise you, everything we give to God will be used for His glory and we will not be disappointed.

Maybe you've seen this somewhere along the way but I love it's message.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather, to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting out loud, "...Man! What a ride!"

This is the most exciting life one can live--this life that's used up and poured out for Christ. I pray you learn to live it this year.

P.S. If you get a chance, check out my wife's new blog at www.lisadbarron.blogspot.com She's a better writer than I am anyway :)

No comments: