Monday, November 24, 2008

It's a very cool wet day.

It's a very cool wet day. The kind that make me want to go home, put on my sweats, grab a hot chocolate and sit with Lisa in front of the fire. Instead, I found myself out with my executive pastor, Eddie, delivering some food baskets our staff had put together for some under resourced families in our area. What amazing joy is found in the little things that you and I take for granted.

It got me thinking back to one of my favorite worship songs, one that was written by Chris Tomlin:

A refuge for the poor, a shelter from the storm
This is our God
He will wipe away your tears and return yourwasted years
This is our God
Oh... this is our God
A father to the orphan, a healer to the broken
This is our God
And he brings peace to our madness and comfort in our sadness
This is our God
Oh... this is our God
This is the one we have waited for
Oh... this is our God
A fountain for the thirsty, a lover for the lonely
This is our God
He brings glory to the humble and crowns for thefaithful
This is our God

My heart leaps when I hear those words. This is our God. No matter how the world may deny Him or try to re-write Him into their image, this is what God is really about. He is a restorer, a Creator, and a Helper. He fixes broken things, finds lost things, gives purpose to life and offers hope where there once was none. This is what the world has waited for. This is the One who was predicted. This--this image of a Father loving on His children--this is the one our souls long for. Now we must share Him. Now, we must tell others. NOW! The world needs to know the One their souls desire.

"You have been a refuge for the poor, a refuge for the need in his distress, a shelter from the storm and a shade from the heat..." Isaiah 25:4

No comments: