Monday, March 08, 2010

Houston

Lisa and I had a great time with the people from GHSHRM last week (I think I got those initials right). They were a wonderful bunch of folks and the conference was awesome. I particularly enjoyed hearing my good friend, Dr. Wayne Marchant, speak. For those of you who don't know who Wayne is, he is the Vice President for Risk Management at Savannah's Memorial Hospital--the place where my son Joshua died.

What is amazing to me is the growing friendship that God has brought from that situation. I love and respect Wayne for the integrity with which he dealt with Josh's death. I appreciate him even more for what he continues to do in light of that awful experience. Thanks, Wayne. You are greatly respected.

To Debbie, one of the conference attenders (and maybe some others out there), thank you for your very kind words in response to my presentation. We do have a DVD of the presentation that is available for institutional use. However, we do not have anything for personal viewing. You can find out more by contacting us via this e-mail address (keith@mhslawfirm.com).

Also, one really cool update. We've had a web presence in a very simple form for about a year now for Ridley Barron Ministries. In the next couple of weeks, we will be going "live" with a new, more expanded site that reflects the growing ministries of RBM and the opportunities that are available there. You can check it out at www.ridleybarron.com (hard to forget that one, huh?) As I said, right now it's very simple and limited. However, by next week, the new site will be operating.

Thanks for all the great comments from last week in Houston. Next week, I'm in Columbia, SC for another conference. Looking forward to meeting some new faces and continuing to watch as God uses these events to bring about some cool stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was one of the attendees at the GHSHRM conference in Houston on March 5. I was so moved by your experiences as well as Dr. Marchant's information. Two of the things that made such an impression on me was your ability to forgive and that you have been able to find happiness again. I know these lessons and reminders will stay with me & hopefully make me a better person!