Monday, March 22, 2010

They are all around us

I'm talking about the opportunities that you and I have to be like Christ. I got to the office just after 8 this morning (it's almost 2 now). I've had some of my standard meetings with my guys to evaluate the weekend and make plans for the weeks ahead, especially Easter (have you invited someone to Easter at RCC yet?)

But in the midst of all that has been this swarm of...let's call them "Jesus moments"...those chances to reach and to touch and to be the body of Christ to the world that's hurting. We've got people who have lost jobs, lost marriages, have hurting kids, have birthed new ones, who are changing careers, changing homes, changing their mind on some issue in their life and changing their mind about Christ. And it's only Monday!

But here is the really cool thing. In just about every one of the stories, I'm hearing about the church being the church to these people. In phone call after phone call and email after email, I'm hearing about how our Ridgies are being Christ to these people. That makes a pastor really proud. I can only imagine what it makes the Father feel like.

So, open your eyes. Better yet, pray that God will open them for you. Look around at your co-workers, your neighbors, and your family. Our economy is struggling. Our culture is decaying. Our families are under attack. Our kids are screaming for love. And you and I--the Christ followers--hold in our hearts the one answer for all the needs of the world. Let Jesus interrupt your schedule today and take a chance to meet those needs. You'll be amazed at what it will do for you.

No comments: