Monday, June 14, 2010

Reflections on Sunday

What an amazing time we had yesterday at Ridgeview! We had the awesome privilege of commissioning one of our own RCC families as they prepare to leave for Thailand at the first of July. It was a sweet time of encouragement for them and challenge for us. I was reminded of our responsibility to "stand in the gap" for the Clarks and so many others like them who enter vocational missions. But I also was reminded of the responsibility we all have to be Christ to this world--as teachers, students, bankers, realtors, neighbors and friends. Our burden for this world has to grow with each day as the number of people who live life without Christ increases. The world needs to know the hope that the Clarks carry with them on their journey...and the hope that you and I profess as we live our lives daily before a watching world.

The spiritual warfare has cranked up in intensity around RCC as we began our latest series--Angels and Demons. I almost have to laugh at Satan's "predictability" as he comes after us full force in these days of examining Scripture. I know that many of our families--based on what you are sharing with me--are feeling many of the same things. So, I encourage you, pray hard for your fellow "Ridgies." Do not fail to stand in the gap for each other as we examine the Bible's teachings on Satan and his work in this world. This Sunday we'll take a closer look at Satan and the demons.

Finally, I was challenged today to take a little time in my blog to go back and re-visit the events of April, 2004. There are so many new readers here and others who are coming to join us that may want to hear more about that fateful Spring day and how it changed my life. So, with your permission, I'm going to take a day each week to go back to the memories of that time and try to unwrap what God showed me through those days. I hope you'll join me. Feel free to read, react and even ask questions. There is still so much more that I have to learn about this journey I'm on. I don't want to miss a thing.

No comments: